NHS Complaints Advocacy
Healthwatch Shropshire provides an independent NHS Complaints Advocacy Service across the county.
Although most people using the health service are happy with their care and treatment, things can sometimes go wrong. If you're not satisfied with the service you've experienced from a hospital, doctor, dentist, local surgery or other NHS provider, you are entitled to complain about it.
Healthwatch Shropshire's IHCAS service can:
- Give you enough information and advice so you can pursue a complaint by yourself
- Offer you the support of an Independent Health Complaints Advocate who can help you to make your complaint and support you through the process
- Listen to your concerns and help you to collect together all the relevant issues and facts you need to highlight as part of your concerns
- Write letters to the right people
- Monitor the progress of your complaint with the organisation responsible and keep you updated
- Signpost you to the right organisation if we think we are not the right organisation
Healthwatch Shropshire's IHCAS service cannot:
- Make or process a complaint for you
Please find below Healthwatch Shropshire's Health Complaints 'Self Help' pack so you can understand how to make a complaint about NHS services.
Fact sheet on How to write a complaint letter
Copy of a 'log sheet'
- IHCAS information leaflet
If you would like paper copies of the above documents, please contact the office.